Potato Salad has been a signature side dish at almost every BBQ, Potluck and Family Holiday since the beginning. Now that you’re eating low carb, why should that change? Your family and friends will never notice the difference with amazing Keto Potato Salad recipe.
If you don’t believe potato salad can be good without potatoes, you have to try this recipe. Seriously, the taste is identical. With recipes like this, I’m kicking myself for not switching to the keto way of eating years ago.
Keto FauxTato Potato Salad With A Twist
We all have our favorite potato salad, and there are so many to chose from. I have a friend who will only eat potato salad if it’s warm, I prefer mine cold. Some of the different variations of potato salad are:
- Vinegar Based
The possibilities are endless. I enjoy a creamy keto potato salad with a hint of mustard but you can totally make this recipe your own.
If you would like to switch this recipe up a bit, some changes or add-ins you can do are:
- Fresh Dill, rosemary or mint
- Dry Mustard in place of yellow mustard (1 tsp)
- Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
- Sour Cream in place of mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp of Erythritol Sugar for a sweeter keto potato salad
- Sliced Radish
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- Forget the cream base altogether and toss with vinegar and olive oil. Add some Dijon mustard and fresh herbs, now we’re talking.
Whenever I try a new recipe, I always make it by the instructions first. The next time I make it is when I add my personal touch and flavor preference.
If you make any changes or have a suggestion for add-ins, please let me know. I love trying new and delicious recipes.
Where will you take this dish to first? Be sure to pin this for later!
- 1 large head of raw cauliflower
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and chpped
- 1/2 Medium Onion, dice
- 3 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 Cup Homemade Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh chopped parsley
Rinse and chop your cauliflower. Cut your cauliflower into the same size pieces as you do your potatoes for potato salad.
You want to cook your cauliflower until it's done but not mushy. I add my chopped cauliflower to a stock pot with about 1" of water and simmer/steam for about 10 mins. Drain the water and let stand while I prep the rest of the ingredients.
Add the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper and mix together.
Mix in your onion, green pepper, chopped egg, and celery to your mayonnaise mixture.
Gently fold in your cauliflower into your mixture.
Scoop your keto potato salad into a bowl, sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley.
Enjoy warm or chilled.
- Starwest Botanicals Organic Malabar Black Pepper Whole, 1 Pound
- Annie's Homegrown Organic Yellow Mustard, 9 oz, 2 pk
- Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt, 2lbs Extra-Fine Grain
- Woodstock Farms Organic Sweet Relish -- 16 oz
- Starwest Botanicals Organic American Paprika Powder, 1 Pound Bulk Spice Bag
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a guest post by Amber Bradshaw of My Homestead Life. Amber is an environmentalist, homesteader, garden and outdoor enthusiast. She is a wife, mother of three. Amber owns a contracting business with her husband, was President of the local Herb Society for the last three years, a 4-H Leader, Blogger and runs a CSA. Amber strives to get back into nature with a more sustainable and self-reliant lifestyle that fits a busy schedule and a tight budget. She lives on the east coast with her family on a little over 1/4 acre and encourages others to do big things with small spaces.