Take your chicken casserole up a notch with this yummy, keto friendly alfredo sauce.
Living the keto lifestyle usually means you don’t eat out a lot. After all, there isn’t a lot of keto friendly restaurants in many areas, right? One of my family’s favorite restaurants is actually an Italian fast food, Fazolis.
They have this amazing chicken alfredo bake recipe that is just this side of heaven. Creamy, cheesy and so delicious! The richness of the basil, and the sweetness of the tomato, coupled with the tender chicken chunks make my mouth water. The extra sauce that is poured on the dish make me grab several bread sticks. You need those bread sticks to soak up the yummy sauce. Of course, the amount of carbs in this restaurant dish is way out of my comfort zone, even for a cheat day.
So, I make my own chicken alfredo bake recipe at home.
It’s creamy comfort food, in an easy to make dish. It’s simplicity of the dish will make it easy for any weeknight. Creamy, garlicy Alfredo will make this a hit for potluck gatherings, too. The best part? No one has to know it’s keto friendly! The butter, cream, and Parmesean cheese make this a traditional sauce.
If you would like, you CAN serve this over spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles. But, the chicken Alfredo bake recipe can stand on it’s own, without any zoodles, too.
Would you like to try this chicken Alfredo bake recipe? Be sure to pin this for later!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup Parmesean cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag frozen California medley vegetables
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the chicken pieces into bite sized pieces.
- Cook chicken in heavy bottomed skillet until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a 9x13 greased pan.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and cream together.
- Add salt and garlic to cream mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Parmesean cheese, and continue to simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- Layer vegetables over chicken pieces.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Dice roma tomato and spread over casserole.
- Mince fresh basil and layer on top of casserole.
- Cover with mozzeralla cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until heated through and golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Some of Zach's favorite keto resources include:
Ketogenic: Ketogenic is a unique site that offers a short 1-minute quiz that will tell whether you can achieve the results you're looking for with the keto diet based on your goals and challenges.
Perfect Keto: For those who are looking for easy supplements that support a Keto diet, Perfect Keto offers a variety of products that make it easy to stay in ketosis including keto bars, whey protein, and keto nootropics.
KetoLogic: For those who have a sweet tooth, KetoLogic sells keto-friendly chocolate candies with only 1g of net carbs & zero added sugars.