Rich, creamy and full of lemony flavor, this Instant Pot lemon blueberry cheesecake will have your tastebuds singing! Keep your fat, protein, and carbs all in a good balance, too!
Ah, the keto diet. It’s so easy to maintain, on a daily basis. Well, almost daily. Those times when you have a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary or a Tuesday night make it more difficult to stay on track.
To be completely transparent with you, Tuesday night happens on a regular basis. Like once a week. Did that surprise you?
While I don’t like to get off track very often, living with carb loving people makes it more of a challenge. Take the Frenchman, for example. He loves his sugar, his desserts, and his rich foods. I can totally get on board with most of his culinary desires, but when it comes to sugary treats, I have to say “no”.
When I make him dessert, I often replace sugar with erythritol. You know what’s amazing? He doesn’t always notice. Since his favorite dessert is cheesecake, I thought I would try a low carb cheesecake. This may be a bit high in carbs for a keto cheesecake, but if you have the extra carbs to spare for the day, it’s perfect.
Most of the time, I would bake cheesecakes, or even make fat bombs like these. Those, however, tend to NOT fool the Frenchman at all. He knows those are keto friendly, sugar free cheesecake substitutes. I can’t get away with anything here.
Making a keto lemon blueberry instant pot cheesecake has combined the best of both worlds.
Do you still need to snag an Instant Pot? Grab one here!
I can have a treat with my family, and the Frenchman gets his desserts. He rarely notices that the “real sugar” is replaced with a more insulin friendly option. It’s got the rich, creamy, fluffy texture that he loves. With the Instant Pot, the Frenchman gets it in almost no time at all.
All that, and I can keep from dealing with blood sugar spikes. Win win, in my book. My hubby agrees with the Frenchman that this tastes just like the regular New York style cheesecake that they both have loved in the past.
Lemony rich slices practically melt in the mouth, with a sweet tang of blueberry compote added. If you really wanted to lower the carb count a bit, you could remove the blueberry topping from the cheesecake. However, if you have the extra carbs for the day, why not enjoy them?
What is your favorite flavor of cheesecake? Will you try this keto lemon blueberry cheesecake?
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 Tablespoon eythritol
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- 1/4 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
For the crust:
- Add almond flour, 1 Tablespoon erythritol, and solid coconut oil to a bowl.
- Cut oil into coconut oil until crumbly.
- Lightly grease a 7 inch springform pan with coconut oil.
- Press almond flour mixture into the bottom of the pan.
For the cheesecake:
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temp for 20 minutes.
- In a stand mixer with a mixing blade attachment, mix the cream cheese, heavy cream and erythritol until well blended.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add in eggs, one at time, mixing to incorporate.
- Add in 1/3 of the blueberries and stir with a spoon to blend in carefully.
- Pour cheesecake batter into springform pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the instant pot, and set trivet inside.
- Cover the springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Set instant pot to "manual" for 30 minutes.
- Cook for 30 minutes on high, then allow to release pressure naturally.
- Remove from instant pot and allow to cool fully before slicing.
- While cheesecake is cooking, make the compote.
For the compote:
- In a small pot, add remaining blueberries, lemon juice and erythritol.
- Simmer on low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, allowing blueberry compote to thicken slightly.
- Cool completely.
- Spread on top of cheesecake before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- NOW Foods Erythritol Natural Sweetener, 1 lb
- Nature's Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- Pure, Cold-pressed, Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free- 32 Ounce
- Lakewood Organic Pure Lemon Juice -- 32 fl oz
- Instant Pot LUX Mini 3 Qt 6-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- Nature's Eats Blanched Almond Flour, 32 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 167mg Sodium: 238mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g
Some of Zach's favorite keto resources include:
Perfect Keto: For those who are looking for easy supplements that support a Keto diet, Perfect Keto offers a variety of products that make it easy to stay in ketosis including keto bars, whey protein, and keto nootropics.
KetoLogic: For those who have a sweet tooth, KetoLogic sells keto-friendly chocolate candies with only 1g of net carbs & zero added sugars.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- 20 Delicious Keto Mushroom Recipes - December 17, 2019
- Stuffed Peppers Without Rice (Keto-Friendly) - December 10, 2019
- Easy Fudge Balls (keto, low carb, gluten free) - November 20, 2019
Lemon and blueberry is the best flavor combination! This looks divine!
Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving says
I’ve never made a cheesecake in my instant Pot before but mama, this recipe looks divine! Lemon cheesecake is my favorite and the blueberries have to be amazing with it!
Raia Todd says
Oh my goodness. That is one gorgeous cheesecake! I love that you can make it in the Instant Pot, too!
Hope Pearce says
Ooh my husband will love this – cheesecake is one of his favourite desserts of all time! Loving the blueberry and lemon combination!
This is the most delightful and delicious cheesecake! Love that it is keto friendly and that it is made so easily in the instant pot! Thank you!!
STACEY CRAWFORD says
The Instant Pot makes the best cheesecakes! This looks incredible with 2 of my favorite flavors!
I’ve never made cheesecake in my IP before but it’s such a great idea! So luscious and indulgent, it’s a winner!
I love blueberries and lemon – definitely one of my absolutely favorite flavor combinations! Can’t wait to try this IP cheesecake!
Awesome that you could find a solution that makes you both happy! 🙂 I’d be thrilled with this, too!
Megan Stevens says
Wow, this is gorgeous and super appealing!! Pinning to make!