Soft and sweet, and with a hint of spice, I give you pumpkin pie cloud bread.
When you are on a keto diet, you can easily substitute your regular bread for low carb bread that is available at most stores. However, if you are needing to avoid wheat or other grains as well as doing keto, even that low carb bread is out. What can you do? Keto cloud bread.
I love keto bread! If you don’t know what cloud bread is, it’s a keto dieters dream come true. The basic recipe is to whip egg whites, add cottage cheese to egg yolks and fold together. The end result is a soft, chewy bread that is perfect for hamburger buns, hot dog buns, and dipping into sugar free spaghetti sauce.
However, mixing up the cottage cheese with a different base will create something even more unique and flavorful. It will create some amazing baked goods like you can’t believe.
Pumpkin pie is normally off the diet when you are following keto. Too much sugar and far too easy to over indulge. Of course, over the holiday or a special occasion would be fine, but too many special occasions can lead to blood sugar swings, weight gain, and even an overall feeling of “yuck”.
I give you pumpkin pie cloud bread.
With a low carb count of only 2 net carbs per 2 breads serving, you can easily indulge weekly, if you want. Here’s why these ingredients are used:
- Pumpkin puree-is known for it’s Vitamin A, and flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin, and carotenes in abundance.
- Erythritol is easy on the blood sugar, and has the bulk of regular sugar when baking.
- Eggs are a powerhouse of protein and only about 70 calories each.
This simple pumpkin cloud bread has a soft, light texture that gives the feel of pumpkin pie in your mouth. The spices bring out the pumpkin flavor, and the whipped egg whites make it fluffy. It’s like keto pumpkin pie, really. Especially if you top it with some vanilla bean whipped cream.
Another great idea for using this cloud bread in a dessert is to make it “stuffed”. To make that recipe:
- 2 pumpkin pie cloud bread
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put this dessert together:
- soften the cream cheese at room temperature for 20 minutes
- in a small bowl, mix cream cheese with erythritol and vanilla extract
- Blend ingredients well
- Layer pumpkin pie cloud bread, then add 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
*increase the carb count by 2 carbs per serving*
Grab some eggs, pumpkin and erythritol and get your pumpkin pie cloud bread dessert on! Be sure to pin this for later, too!
Need a dairy free version? Try this paleo cloud bread.
Pumpkin Pie Cloud Bread